Green tea is known to have many of the same benefits as coffee with less caffeine and avoids the crash that you obtain with coffee. Instead, it releases sustained energy sustained energy over a 4-6 hour period for a more adequate effect. Tea is a natural plant based drink with limited additives especially if you get organic tea. If you are concerned about your caffeine intake the blended green tea with other flavors and herbs tend to have half the amount of caffeine as plain green tea.
There are different kinds of teas with different amounts of caffeine in each, according the listed chart the darker the tea the more caffeine it obtains. One in particular is Matcha tea, this an amplified version of green tea. Matcha is nutritionally 10x stronger than normal green tea due to being grown in the shade verse sun light. Green Tea is rich in polyphenol antioxidants, and highest in oxygen radical absorbency capacity which helps with anti-aging.
- Boost your metabolism: rate at which you burn calories
- Brain power- helps keep you calm and focused
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Helps memory and learning ability
- Increases dopamine to improve your mood
- Matcha tea is better for detox (has more antioxidants compared to green tea)
- Decreased risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease